Friday 26 November 2010

I Think The UK has Found A 'Diamond In The Ruff'

Where do I start....Last week I was getting ready to go out to the 90s club of all clubs 'WORK IT' Getting myself prepared for this 'Throwback' exciting night I had my laptop plugged into my TANNOY speakers playing all the great 90s Party Jams I could think of.
Top of the list were En vogue, a 14 year old Usher, SWV, TLC, Snoop,Montell Jordon...amongst many other Classics.
While watching the vids I felt an urge of sadness;'What the HECK has happened to authentic SoulFul Music????' with this on my mind I left out wid my peoples and enjoyed another great ol skool night out provided by the 'WORK IT' team.
The next day I was watching MTV base and I saw a group that had 'the 90s written all over them'. they kinda reminded me of cleopatra...but more unique, beauty authentic voices (no autotune) their marketing is on point, their style is throwback but still still fresh with it (Troy...The hat is unique im loving it very original,Tika reminds me of Aaliyah and Chronz your flow is amazing girl), I also like the fact that its three different ethnic groups, (black,white and mixed race...you cant go wrong) anyways 3 young ladies singing and rapping over the classic dead prez track 'hip hop' MY jaw dropped i went straight onto my laptop searched them downloaded their 'free' mixtape and loved EVERY track on the mixtape WOW...here they are;TLC,En Vogue,SWV wrapped up into one group.
I love them download the free mixtape here
http://www.facebook.com/rdruffdiamondz?ref=ts#!/rdruffdiamondz?v=app_6009294086

This is their debut single 'Do it like Me'

No comments:

Post a Comment